Sunday, April 16, 2006

Bike project- yeehaw

Immediately when we got the bike project I knew that i wanted to do a project involving a bike powered generator. This idea had been in my head before we officially got the project, I had come across the idea when exploring into electricity for past projects/for my own interest.
the concept has to do with independence, self reliance, making mystical magical incomprehesible thing (electricity) into something that is made by a simple action (biking).
I researched alot into it and found various sites , , , etc.
The project involved either creating my own motor or getting an old motor from a car or a lawnmower (they use the same style engine). The motor is the part that actually turns the kinetic action of circular motion into electricity by electromagnetic induction (i'll spare the details- look it up, its interesting)
The process is amazing- magnetism is like this mystical force that we sort know how to control but can't exactly explain why it exists or how it started. Electricity is the same.
That’s all I have now, more later.

No comments: