Saturday, January 21, 2006

Past Sculpture Projects

So I guess I'll actually start posting on this. I've never posted a blog or anything like it before so it might come out awkward. My name is mark, i'm a freshman at rutgers- this blog is for sculpture 1.
So my sculpture experience only really goes back a year and a half- my senior year i had a few really good teachers and I made some cool art. And first semester this year I had sculpture one with Rees and I made three final projects- only one of which I really thought was a good, solid, finished project.
As far as mediums go- I worked with metal last semester for the first time and i really enjoyed it. its an awesome material with really great potential. Wood i can work with but I don't like it so much- i guess I might use it for the framework for the project im working on now but I don't like wood for the sculpture itself because it has no flexibility, no great features, it chips, rots, splinters, and just doesn't do it for me. I like ceramics, carving plaster was cool, and I like doing mixed media, found objects, that type of stuff.
(writing this blog is weird. i want to say that i feel like im just going on and on, but thats what its for).
Anyway, Here is a link to a photo album of all my sculptural work (its not everything but most of it). When you get to the site, click the big picture (you don't have to sign in) and you'll see all the pictures with my comments. I'll eventually post the pictures in the blog but there are too many pictures to do that.
I'm done now, post comments or more likely questions about any projects or anything in general here or just ask me in person.
~mark

No comments: