Thursday, January 26, 2006

Maze

The project is to create a room that can be inhabited. and I sort of moved away from that idea... My project idea now consists of the follwing materials:
PVC pipes- I had originally planned on borrowing this from the Hillel Theatre Company, who I worked with on their last play (I helped build sets and such) but I had trouble finding it. Luckily, I found exactly the pipe I needed in the junkyard behind the LAB.
Orange Mesh- this stuff i found in the big studio room at the LAB but the weird thing is that I had been looking for something exactly like itbefore I knew it existed- I had my plans for this project and I had even written down that I was looking for some sort of mesh or netting. Weird.
Lots of Black fabric- I looked in alot of cheapo stores and eventually bought alot of window treatment for cheap at Shoppers World.
>There is no solid concept for this but the idea is to create a maze of some sort. The fabric will hang has walls of the maze and it will hang from where I choose on the orange mesh. The mesh will be suspended between the PVC pipe structure and the wall. The fabric is semi-transparent which could add or take away from the effect. There is still a chance I may change the project as I built it. I have already changed it someone as the materials changed, etc.
This is just a picture i took from the internet but the idea is that this will be what it looks like from above. each line is the fabric. The start will be the entrance and the end will be the corner of the area- it is not an exit to the maze- it is the end of the maze. I have not decided what it is that will be at the end of the maze. I have several ideas so far.

No comments: