Tuesday, September 07, 2010

A day in the city and some thoughts on design...

The aesthetics aside, this anti-elevator elevator graphic is an interesting idea. Obviously they have their target audience not only right in front of them but waiting there with nothing to do. Would have been more convincing if they had a sign towards the staircase - which was difficult to find. 



Not sure that I like this, but it was worth taking a photo of. 



High end yogurt, you can tell by the design (and the price)



There is something unhealthy about this. Not just water that can help you sleep - but selling it in the same spot as Red Bull. Drink this to make you hyper, then drink to calm down. Ignore what your body is telling you completely and buy more stuff to make it do what you want. Why people differentiate so much between what 'they' want and what their bodies want is a mystery to me.



On a light note - a sky-high remnant from a better time, where a sign implied a sign painter. I'm sure it was a dangerous job to get up there and paint... but we lost a human touch when we started sending everything to a printer (digital printer, to be clear - printers, as in printmakers, are alright in my book). 



Its tough to see in the picture, but if you look in the sky - its a cloud! no, its a puff of smoke! no - its an advertisement! ... really? Yes - I couldn't actually read it (doesn't say much for its purpose as an advertisement) but it might have been for Geico. It did not make me want to by car insurance. It made me want to move to Toronto (see my last post). 







No comments: